Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Progress.....

As usual, I don't get everything I line up for myself done in the time I think I can. But I did have fun. Had a nice relaxing weekend sewing and watching honey work on the house. Monday I came down with something and felt cruddy so I laid around the house watched some TV and actually got to read a bit. Even that felt nice. Andy was home from school so it was nice to take it easy.

So here is my status: Pastel Raggedy for CDA: dressed but bald. I had a couple different hairdos on her but none of them were up to my standards. I'm surprised I even have a standard with her since I'm not a fan of pastels, but I guess I must. I found some crochet thread in my stash that I think I can make work. Gonna be a pain because it's so thin, but I'm gonna give it a try. I had some pink mohair type fibers I was planning on using, but it just didn't go with her personality. This is a pattern by Sweet Meadows Farm/Maureen Mills. It's called Annie's Pet and has a bunny too. I think it's going to be a white bunny.....


The witch still doesn't have a hat. Again, the plan I had, just didn't look right. So I have to head out to the craft store to get some papers. I previously used a paper that looked like suede for a doll a while back and I'm hoping I can find some more. If I do, I will buy more than one sheet. She is a pattern by Kim Kohler/Veena's mercantile. I've had it in my collection and for some reason on Christmas I decided it was a good day to make a witch.


And lastly, the bunny has a dress. I am happy with the way it turned out. It reminded me of the dresses I used to make for the porcelain dolls. A lot of ruffle and the pinafore. I am making a wreath for her head and she holds a garland. I think it's going to be stars or country type stuff. This pattern is by Mother Earth and Me and I've had it for years...Her garland was carrots and such. Honey put together some stands for me so I'm trying to decide if I want to paint or stain it.
So there is where I stand as of today. I'm pluggin along and hoping to tie them up this weekend.
I see so many people already got their Bunnies going and up for sale. At first I got all crazy thinking I've got to get a move on and catch up, then I remembered I was going to make stuff I like this year :o) I like my bunny and if it takes me weeks to finish her, so be it. I will feel better getting one or two nice things done then a handful of sloppy bunnies I throw together so I have stuff in my etsy shop. Other gals can seem to make things hand over fist and still have them look nice, but I'm a slowpoke. Never used to be, but I guess I'm learning to enjoy myself and take my time.....


No comments: