Monday, November 15, 2010

Under the Asian Influence

Tonights dinner was nummie. As I was shoveling it in my face I thought, gee I should share this. But with who? Then I remembered, I have a blog. But I don't usually talk food on it. So what? It's mine and I can do what I want.... So if you want something nummie to make for supper this week give this a try....I made it in the crock pot and that was the best because it was Monday and the last thing I want to do after work on Monday is cook, but the first thing I want to do on a Monday after work is pig out. I know, my life is full of conundrums like that.

Put two boneless chicken breasts in the crock.
Add: 1 Medium onion chopped up in small pieces
2 Medium stalks of celery chopped up
1/2 Cup of Hoisen sauce
3T Soy sauce
2 Cloves of garlic, minced
2T ginger (do not breathe this in because you like the smell. Especially not a deep breath. It hurts)
1T Brown sugar
1T sesame oil

Put the lid on and leave it alone all day.
When you get home, take a fork to it and shred it all up. Takes all the stress of the day away..

I served it on some sticky rice. It was enought for the three of us with some leftovers for tomorrow's lunch. Mine. I thought some snow peas would have been nice with it but I didn't have any. I did have some edamame that I steamed up quick that went well with it but you could also make a green salad with some asian dressing to go along. Or nothing. Maybe you don't want accompaniants. I don't know why I'm telling you what to eat...

Hope you all had a great Monday. I'm going to go try and sneak in some dollie time now....

No comments: