Monday, November 23, 2009

Charlette


This is Charlette. I made her from a pattern by Threadbare Primitives.
I've gotten quite a few patterns from here and she is one of my

favorites. She is made from muslin and calicos and has quite a bit of stain on her. My dolls final look is all about whatever mood I happen to be in. Some of them can get pretty grungy looking but then sometimes I do something totally different. I just finished making a white snow doll with bright reds and sparkley glitter. Totally the opposite of this one. Then sometimes, the doll dictates what they want to look like and I just
have to go with it. Any of you who also do this, will totally understand that one.
Didin't get too much done this weekend on the crafting front, but I did spend
some quality time with my sister and went for a drive Sun for some inspiration.
Friday night produced two bodiless heads. Costuming comes easier to me
than the faces so lately,when I get an idea, I've been working on the faces first,
figuring the rest will follow naturally. Hope I'm right, I have a plastic bin under
my sewing table full of "neat ideas"....This week I need to focus on my
Christmas gifts. I'm trying to make as many as I can. I think it means more-
not always sure what the receiver's attitude about it is. Jammies and
tote bags were my decisions for most of my gift giving. I started off with a
bang, but once the creative juices get going, I get sidetracked on what I'm
supposed to be doing and see dollies again. So this weeks agenda:
Christmas present sewing, Thanksgiving dinner making, family time,
and sneaking in dolly time. Oh, and I have a full time real job I have
to show up to. NO problem.
Have a happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: