Friday, April 27, 2012

Picasa



I downloaded Picasa and watched a couple youtube videos and ta-da!  I made a collage.  I need to send photos out for juried shows and I was stressing over how to get decent photos that actually look like my dolls.  A facebook group I'm in recommended Picasa so I figured for free, it's worth a try.   Anyone who knows me knows how much I hate the photo editor I have on my computer... I complain a lot... This one was so much more Carol Ann friendly...I really need to practice the photo process more.  I just don't like taking pictures.  I know so many people this comes naturally for but I'm just not one of them.  Going to have to trade off with someone who's better at it.  

So that's my first collage to share.  I'm going to tweak it a little more before I send them out.  I've got two more shows I'm trying to get into for the fall.  I was approved for the Oz-stravaganza in June so I've been working like crazy on Wizard of Oz themed dolls.  I'm rather proud of the first batch...I was kinda surprised because I've never really been drawn to the Oz theme.  Funny what you can do when you stop and take your time to think about it.  I will post some photos when it gets closer :o)